Pools are a great addition to any home and they can provide relaxation and fun. However, cleaning and maintaining the pool may not be as fun and can become stressful. Pools require lots of maintenance especially for dirt and leaves. You have to make sure you are keeping the pH levels correctly and make sure everything is flowing as it should with no blockages. These 7 Best Pool Vacuums For Leaves and Dirt will keep you stress free and make sure you get the job done quickly!
Leaves and dirt are the most common causes of blockages that can lead to expensive repairs and downtime of the pool. It’s important to frequently keep the pool clean of any debris and other objects. Pool vacuums help you clean the pool faster and will hopefully let you get back to enjoying it instead of cleaning it.
When considering buying a pool vacuum for leaves you want to make sure you are buying a quality item that can be used multiple times and that can be stored safely overtime. It should be light weight and easy to maintain, but powerful enough to get the job done.
1. POOLWHALE Portable Pool Vacuum Jet Underwater Cleaner
This is an easy to assemble, no frills, and light weight pool vacuum. It’s best used to suck of leaves and has a bad to capture the leaves. As you can see in the picture it’s a pretty simple design so it’s easy to assemble and light weight.
Simply attach the vacuum together and connect the vac to your garden hose. The vacuum works with the force of the water pressure entering into the vacuum creating a attraction in which then draws debris and leaves right into the mesh net. It can even clean the walls and collect bugs.
- Easy assembly
- Light weight
- Great for leaves, debris, and bugs
- Budget friendly
- Some reviews wished it had a better handle
- Not the best for dirt or sand due to the mesh bag design
2. Poolmaster 28300 Big Sucker Swimming Pool Leaf Vacuum
The large-profile vacuum features a center opening that accommodates capturing large loads of leaves. Once connected to your garden hose, the eight water nozzles, located on the underside of the vacuum, turn into mini jets that create a powerful suction and help lift leaves into the vacuum bag.
Easy to maneuver as the four multi-directional wheels aid in easily maneuvering the vacuum along the pool floor.The reusable all-purpose mesh bag with push-lock closure fits easily around the neck of the vacuum.
- Large opening helps capture large leaves and debris
- Great for cleaning bugs
- People love the ease and quickness of using the vacuum
- Not the best for dirt or sand
- Does not come with pole
3. Dolphin Nautilus CC Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner – Ideal for Above and In-Ground Swimming Pools
The ultimate in pool cleaning! This little bad boy is great at cleaning dirt, debris, and leaves. Ideal for small pools up to 33 feet, this compact cleaner will have your pool ready for splashing fun in just 2 hours. Clean your pool with the touch of a button. Schedule the Nautilus CC to automatically clean your swimming pool each week using 3 settings- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day.
With an average operating cost of 5 cents per hour, you don’t have to sacrifice a high energy bill for a clean pool. This robot climbs and cleans the walls with ease. It’s versatile and works on any pool surface type- tile, plaster, and everything in between.
- Very thorough cleaning of the pool in 2 hrs
- Hassle free as it is automated so very easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Not the cheapest option on the market
- Cord getting tangled is a common issue, that can be easily resolved
4. Zodiac Baracuda G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
Quiet, powerful suction cleaner; works with low-speed pumps for maximum efficiency. Devours small and medium-sized debris and cleans floor, walls and steps of your entire pool. Avoids getting hung-up on lights, drains covers, fittings and other pool features
- Strong suction and easy to use
- Great for dirt and sand
- Cleans walls well
- Make sure to keep the hose straight for optimal suction
- The instructions could be clearer
5. Water Tech Pool Blaster Max Li Pool & Spa Cleaner
Easy to use and powered by rechargeable, lithium ion battery technology. Has up to 60 minute continues operation before recharging. The Max features a large debris capture chamber and strong suction for a variety of cleaning larger debris like acorns, twigs, and leaves. Exclusive Bag & Filter design also help clean sand, silt, and pollen.
- Great over all cleaner for leaves and dirt
- Rechargeable and cordless makes it easy to use
- 60 mins may not be enough for everyone to get the pool clean
- May not be the best for algae
6. XtremepowerUS 75037 Climb Wall Pool Cleaner Automatic Suction
No tools required and no electricity needed – attaches to your existing filtration system. 10 hoses included for up to 30′ pool. Ideal for cleaning bottom surface and wall. This pool cleaner should not be used to clean leaves, but does a fantastic job at cleaning dirt, sand and algae. The extra hoses make cleaning big pools easy.
- Great at cleaning dirt, sand, and algae
- Easy to setup and attach to existing system
- Budget friendly given durability
- Doesn’t clean stairs
- Not meant to clean leaves
7. Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly Great White Inground Pool Cleaner
SmartTrac Programmed Steering easily navigates around pool obstacles for uninterrupted cleaning. Its bristle-drive mechanism has the strength to knock loose the most stubborn dirt, while the powerful vacuum action whisks away small and large debris.
Perfect for dirt and sand as it cleans the bottoms of any pool. Cleaner is well-suited for dish-, incline-, and hopper-bottom pools. The cleaner comes fully equipped for immediate use. Also includes the UniDapt telepole adapter for spot clean-ups.
- Easy to clean and powerful
- Great at removing algae
- Great build quality to ensure long durability; also easy to assemble
- Not the best for picking up leaves
7 Best Pool Vacuums For Leaves and Dirt Conclusion
Pool vacuums can help relieve the stress of maintaining your pool. They can provide automated solutions to help you save time and effort of manually cleaning the pool. These little robots help you go around the pool collecting leaves and scrubbing dirt from the floor.
It’s important to understand your needs before buying a pool vacuum. Do you have the most trouble with leaves or more with dirt and algae. If it’s a combo of everything then you might have to buy a more expensive cleaner that is great at picking up everything. This will pay of in the long run as your pool will stay nice and clean. Hopefully this list has helped you identify which pool vacuum is the right one!
Make sure to check out some of our other great articles: