Keeping you teeth clean is a daily battle. For some people it’s a harder challenge since their gums are sensitive and prone to easy bleeding or receding. That’s why it’s important to find the best electric toothbrushes for receding gums. This list will help you identify the right brush that is soft, but helps keep your teeth clean. It is important to never brush hard and to find setting that offer settings for sensitive gums.
1. Oral-B Gum and Sensitive Care Electric Toothbrush
Has a visible pressure sensor to help protect gums. Protects gum and enamel by removing 100% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush. Lithium-ion battery lasts 14 days between charges. Designed to be gentle on the gums and is compatible with other Oral-B heads when it’s time to replace (although it is recommended to get the heads meant for sensitive gums)
- Oral-B’s Bluetooth technology connects to your electric toothbrush to the Oral-B App for personalized brushing routines and daily monitoring
- 3 Mode Toothbrush Handle: (1) Daily Clean (2) Gum Care Mode – massage mode (3) Sensitive Mode – for a gentle routine
- Some people have said it is louder than some other options
2. Phillips Sonicare Sonicare Protective Clean
With three customizable intensity settings (low, medium & high) you can select the right power level to ensure that brushing along the gumline is comfortable. Removes up to 6x more plaque along the gumline vs. a manual toothbrush. The gentle motion of this Philips Sonicare power toothbrush is safe for dental work, including orthodontics, implants and veneers, so you can brush without worry.
- Safe on orthodontics, dental work and veneers
- Sonicare dynamic cleaning action drives fluid between teeth
- Reviews state people had a tough time with the instructions
3. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 6500 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Protect your teeth with a pressure sensor that gently pulses to alert you when you’re brushing too hard. Includes a quadpacer 2 minute timer to ensure you get the different areas of your teeth.
- Overwhelmingly positive reviews
- Includes a travel case
- The finish could be a bit slick making it hard to grip
4. AquaSonic Black Series Ultra Whitening Toothbrush
Massage mode to deliver vibrating micro-bursts into gum tissue to improve circulation and tissue function. 30 second vibrational “nudge” so you know to move on to a new quadrant of your mouth. Auto-timer powers black series down automatically letting you know you’ve brushed for the full dentist recommended 2 minutes
- 8 DuPont Brush Heads & Travel Case Included
- Quality and performance similar to more expensive name brands
- Doesn’t come with a pressure sensor
5. Oral-B 7500 Electric Toothbrush
Rechargeable with 5 modes: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, and Pro Clean. Bluetooth communication allows the brush to connect with your smartphone to give you real-time feedback on your brushing habits. SmartRing pressure sensor that lights up when you brush too hard. You can even customize the pressure sensor’s color.
- SmartRing pressure sensor that lights up when you brush too hard
- Might have connectivity issues with Bluetooth according to some reviews
6. hum by Colgate Smart Electric Toothbrush Kit
Connected, Bluetooth toothbrush targets spots that need extra love. Personalize your pulse by choosing the vibration level that suits you; choose from normal, sensitive, or deep clean
- 3 sonic vibration settings which include normal, sensitive, and deep clean modes that also work to brush teeth with braces
- Thin and light, but gets the job done according to many reviews
- Some reviewers are not a fan of the app
7. BURST Electric Toothbrush with Charcoal Sonic Toothbrush Head
According to Burst it reduces gum bleeding up to 3x more than a manual toothbrush. Choose between the three modes for your ideal strength: whiten, sensitive or massage. Boasts a one month battery life. High-quality super soft, charcoal black, multi-length, PBT and interdental bristles that whiten your teeth as you brush
- Helps reduce gum bleeding
- One month battery life
- According to one review after 2 mins it turns of and once it’s off, refuses to turn back on until it’s put back on its charging stand
The 7 Best Electric Toothbrushes for Receding Gums Conclusion
Protecting your teeth and keeping your gums healthy should be your top priority. That is why it’s important to find electric toothbrushes that are gentle on your gums, but provide adequate cleaning to your teeth. There are many options out there and it’s important to get as much information as possible before making the right decision.
Hope this article was helpful in your journey to find the best electric toothbrushes for receding gums. Please check out some of our other great articles: